Thursday, October 29, 2009

Love Those Buttons!

There were several button distribution companies at Quilt Market.  I think I’ve dealt with nearly all of them except for Dill Button Company.  Dill is based in Germany, but has offices here in the States.  I have been a fan for a while and so I made sure to check out their booth.

075 (2)

I posted photos of purses in my blog entitled Quilt Market (part 2) that were part of their display.  Here is a quilt made with those same yummy buttons, and a close up detail showing lots of big, bold, beautiful buttons!  Note the stacked buttons with the paisley shaped pink center as well as the flower button centers.

076

I had the chance to speak with several Dill company executives (mostly men) and it turns out that they (surprise!) collect buttons.  I was thrilled to be able to show them my books and they purchased several copies!  I was honored.

In addition, I have decided to order and carry Dill buttons in my store!  There are several sizes, shapes and a myriad of bright colors.  I’ll let you know when they arrive.  Any special requests?

Speaking of orders, this quilt was also hanging in the Dill booth:

077

I fell in love with it!  It turns out that the quilt’s maker has a pattern for this adorable piece and I have ordered these as well.  I hope to have these new products available by the beginning of December. (Note the knitted belt hanging on the right side of the quilt with the Dill button fastener).  Until then, Button Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment