Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Creative Spirit

While at Quilt Market in Houston, TX, I had a couple moments (literally) to see part of the Quilt Show in the next building.  Boy am I glad I did!  I happened to stroll past the area displaying the quilted wearables and found the garment you see here.

052

Well, of course what caught my eye were the buttons!  I’m sorry that I didn’t write down the maker's name, but I do know that she said her husband made the buttons for her from scrap lumber he had.

054 (2)

Now there are a lot of buttons she could have chosen to use, but I think it just extended her creativity to make (or design) the buttons she wanted for her garment.  Buttons are easy to make using store bought forms, and don’t forget to embellish them!  One of my favorite things to make are buttons created by taking a plain covered upholstery button (found in every button jar around) and add beads and other embellishments to it to create a whole new button!  I have even found a new button-making tool that I will introduce in my November newsletter.  Inspiration is everywhere.  Button UP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment