Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Colorado State Spring Button Show

Well, we survived a wild weekend of weather!  Could be worse…I could be in Phoenix today (103!).

The State Show was fabulous, as usual and I bought a lot of new buttons to add to my collection.  I entered 2 trays for competition.  One was disqualified for having a button on it that did not fit the award criteria (I should have used my magnifying glass) but the other was awarded a 2nd place ribbon!  This tray was for Butterflies and Flowers, 25 any size (10 each and 5 free choice).  Here is my tray:

044

I know it’s hard to see all of the buttons, especially with the ribbon in the way.  I’ll take another photo that is easier to see and post it soon.

These are pictures of the showroom.  All the competition trays are hung for all to drool over (about 20 separate awards to compete for).  You can enter as many trays as you have buttons for, as long as they fit the criteria set out by each award.  The clubs write and sponsor the awards.  By the way, my 2nd place card came with a cash prize…$3.00!

043  049047 Intense shopping!

046 Boxes filled with cards of buttons, as well as poke boxes to dig through.  Nirvana!

Tomorrow:  New buttons I brought home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment