Tuesday, September 25, 2012

To Everything, A Season

     Those of you who know me well, know that I can be a bit...hmmm, what's the word....flighty?!  These past few months have been very trying on me, my family and friends, especially those who have had to deal with me.  My frustration levels were through the roof and I thank you for listening and standing by me.
     This last weekend I participated in one of my favorite qyilt shows, "Quilt-AFair", in Longmont, Colorado.  Before the show I remember thinking, "This is my last show of 2012.  Now I can really get to work!".  Funny what a difference two days can make.  After the show was over, I made a big decision that I have been putting off for some time now:

 
            I will not be doing shows in 2013.


     There are a lot of reasons why this must happen, but I won't bore you with them.  The silver lining is that I will finally be able to finish my novel, write the new books and patterns I have been working on and travel the country giving educational programs and classes to guilds and groups and museums.  I am even going to appear on "The Quilt Show" with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims.

     When I actually said it out loud, I thought a bolt of lightning might strike me.  Instead, I got so excited!  I thought I might be sick.  Instead, I feel energized, as if I'd lost 50 pounds.  I know that there will be moments of doubt, but if I pour myself into my work (including my blog and website) I will be able to look back on this day as a moment of truth for myself: 
        You can't do it all, but you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment