Wednesday, September 5, 2012

If You Work Hard...


How many times have I tried this?  More than I can count!  The truth is, we have to act on things in order for them to become a reality.  Wow, that sounds like a Physics principal...Sir Isaac Newton, help me out here:

  • Newton's first law of motion states: A body in motion tends to remain in motion, a body at rest tend to remain at rest unless acted on by an outside force.*
  • Newton's second law of motion states that a force, acting on an object, will change its velocity by changing either its speed or its direction or both.**
  • The third law is probably the best known of Newton's laws. It states that for every force and action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.***

*You know, like a publishers deadline or the kid you were making the baby quilt for is graduating from High School.
**This would explain why Calvin's Hocus-Pocus didn't work...no force or action was taken. This would explain why the ideas I think of either don't come to fruition, or someone else comes up with it before I do!
***I like to think of this as good in, good out, bad in, bad out.  I think i'll save this one for tomorrow....it's a whole new can of worms!

I talk about procrastinating all the time. I can always think of an excuse or "reason" things didn't get done.  Truth is, talk with out actions is wasted breath.  No more good intentions.  I'll say yes when I can and no when I can't.  My word is my bond.

I'm going to post a picture of Sir Isaac Newton in my office to inspire me to turn over a new leaf....and maybe one of Calvin, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment