Thursday, June 27, 2013

Buttonology 101

     I am "The Button Lady".  I collect buttons.  I teach others about buttons.  I have written two books about buttons.  My goal is to make button education accessible to everyone.  I feel I am failing.
Today I embark on a mission to continue what I started with my books and lectures.  I will write about buttons, chapter by chapter.  I will not shy away from controversy.  I'm calling it like I see it, because you all deserve to know.

     I am so excited about this endeavor that I may wander from my path from time to time.  I must be patient and start at the beginning, or risk having my message lost.  I welcome your questions and thoughts.  Ask anything, say things pertinent to the subject.  Open your eyes and your minds.  Learn something new.
     Learning.  We learn something new everyday, it is said.  What do you, and I, do with this learning?  It is our responsibility to share what we know with others.  Do not keep your "light under a bushel".  I am asking all of you to share my blog messages on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and the like, so that everyone will have access and learn about buttons.

     "Really, Jill, " you say, "Buttons?"  I know you are thinking this because I though it as well. I see the same look on the faces of others that I had when I saw a flyer for a State Button Society Show.  I went to the show, thinking it would be "fun".  I left the show, knowing it had changed my life.  I was entrusted with knowledge and a mission and I have embraced it; writing books, articles and speaking to groups.  It needs to grow larger, and I need your help.  As I post chapters here on my blog, I am asking that you share them with others, and encourage them to do the same.  It is my hope that you will be ambassadors for me when you see what I am seeing on the Internet, eBay, Pinterest and at flea markets.
Look for my first installment tomorrow and you will see why I am so passionate about this.
Button Blessings to you all,
Jill

1 comment: