Friday, October 30, 2009

Where did Fall Go?

I just had to share a couple photos with you of our early snow.  I grew up in Southern Cal and moved to Tucson so snow was a real adjustment for me here in Colorado!  This is already our 3rd snow this month. 

012 

This was the view from our back deck of Pikes Peak on Monday.

I have been told that it always snows here on Halloween, and true to form we had an all out blizzard the first full day we lived here back in 2004.  It was also my first day at work and they threw me in a truck and said, “go for it”.  I saw my safe driving record flash before my eyes several times that first day, but I made it back in one piece.  I DO NOT miss driving in this weather, but I do think of all the other couriers out there and pray for their safety and health.

013

This picture of Pikes Peak was taken from just East of our home.  The snow yesterday really blew, but today it is nearly all melted!  They have a saying here:  if you don’t like the weather, just wait 5 minutes!  It’s so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment